Welcome to Punkey's Book Raves

Welcome to my book review webpage- feel free to add a comment or ask questions! If you are a book reviewer also- let me know and we could compare notes!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"A Questionable Hero" By Kiki Howell

I recently finished up the wonderful paranormal romance "A Questionable Hero" By Kiki Howell. Once I started reading this love story I had a difficult time getting my nose out of my Nook and back into reality since it was action packed from start to finish with very little breathing room in between the pages!
To most humans we are just that- human! But to some the human body is just a shell to what their soul is, possibly the body to one of God's Angels or the Devil's Demons. An angel is trained in Heaven to come down to Earth and save all of mankind from demons and damnation alike! But unlike God, the Devil has no concerns for a soul or who may get hurt/ killed in his conquest to gain world domination. The problem comes about when a demon not only fails to kill an opposing team member, but actually saves the angel from certain death from one of his own kind. As the fortunate angel, Shaebiel had only thought this was just a mere coincident that Abdamas came across her path. By stopping his brethren from killing Shabiel, Abdamas had prolonged her time on Earth so that in time he would be able to be with her along with actually hoping some day find out why he has felt an attraction that draws him to Shabiel long before she was aware of his existence on that fateful day.

Abdamas or otherwise known as Adam which his human mother called him- was born half human, half demon. Being a halfing does not just leave a person to question his own parents but also leave Abdamas questioning why is he drawn to an angel, why can he not just fight to destroy the enemy like his brethren but instead feeling the need to protect this angel as his own! The thoughts of protection for this beauty starting long before the fateful day their paths cross and Sabiel returns the favor to Abdamas of saving his life while repairing his wounds he recieved from protecting her from certian death! What Abdamas was unaware of is that through his one action of saving Sabiel's life she would be able to save his soul and easy his internal battle between good and evil. Now that they had each other- is Sabiel going to be punished for saving a sworn enemy from death? Is Abdamas going to burn in Hell for not completing his task of destroying ALL angels that come in his contact? And is the good thing to do always the right way to do it or is there more shades of grey that are left to be discovered???

I really enjoyed this book- the story was a new twist on on old scenero but in the end- Love conquers all! This is a story to warm up even the coldest of days and leaves you wondering- am I just following orders that I have in my daily life because I have been told that is how I am to be or am I living life according to what I believe is the best way to live to the fullest of my life! I look forward to reading more books from Kiki Howell in the future!

Until then- Happy Reading Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful review :) I am so glad you enjoyed the story.

    I should mention that this story has just found a new home. Unfortunately, it is unavailable at the moment. But, this summer it will be available once again through kNight Romance Publishing, http://www.knightromancepublishing.com/
    In the meantime, my newest novel just released this past Friday. You can check it out on my website at http://www.kikihowell.com/2010/09/torn-asunder.html

    Thanks Again,
    Kiki Howell
    ~where love is a mystical thing~

    ReplyDelete