Welcome to Punkey's Book Raves

Welcome to my book review webpage- feel free to add a comment or ask questions! If you are a book reviewer also- let me know and we could compare notes!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My introduction and my review of "Dead Witch Walking" by Kim Harrison

So I am brand new to blogging but I am not new to being on the the web, having my opion being heard or just talking without anyone listening... I guess then I was made for blogging! I work in a local hospital as an RN on a medical surgery/ ICU step-down/ telemetry unit- otherwise its a hodgepodge kind of unit where anyone that isn't a minor, can breath on their own, and not giving birth can be admitted to my floor.

Anyways- I am reading a book called Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison. Being around half way through the book I am happy that there is plenty action to keep me motivated reading at a good pace. I was slightly upset in the beginning of the book since it was confusing to understand about anything the I.S. (Inlander Security) or about the "Turning" (when a virus kills most humans but doesn't really affect any werewolfs, witches, pixies, fairies, ect.) until almost 50 pages into the story. After several things where explained- everything else fell into place. Being halfway through this book and the twisting and turning events around every corner; it seems like this storyline is getting real good and has my recommendation to anyone that has a willingness to continue reading a story that pays off with action and a thrilling story as long as you can keep reading past the past first 50 pages in this novel.

1 comment:

  1. I need to start this series. Can't wait to see your review if you do one. :)

    Also high five for being your first follower. Whoop whoop! *breaks out in snoopy dance*

    ReplyDelete